Unhappy Working with Recruiters?
By Russell Johnson
Are you applying for jobs through recruitment agencies but unsatisfied with the process, or with the results you’re seeing?
If your answer is Yes, it’s unsurprising. The fact is, you’re not their customer. Their job is to maximize competition for jobs, giving employers the greatest choice for the least cost (even including their commission). The better the opportunity, the less likely it is to be filled by a recruiter.
To thrive in today’s job market, you need a strategy that will:
- Get you discovered (the best opportunities often aren't even advertised, let alone filled by recruiters), and
- Ensure you stand out from the crowd
The above realities are illustrated by the following graphic (with acknowledgment to its creator, Greg Savage, a leading recruitment consultant who writes frankly and incisively about what’s wrong with the recruitment industry):
Writing to his fellow recruitment consultants, Savage describes the recruitment industry as ‘terminally dysfunctional’ and ‘totally screwed’ with candidates being ‘treated like cattle’ as a result.
A Revolutionary Method for Achieving Your Career Goals
The Empowered Careers methodology has enabled thousands of executives and professionals to achieve their career goals, and it can transform your future. We’ll provide the support you need to:
- Open up attractive options you would never otherwise learn of
- Understand why the typical approach to ‘selling yourself’ is counterproductive
- Implement a powerful marketing approach that creates awareness of, and demand for, the value you can add
- Achieve your outcome faster, and
- Gain a role that will genuinely excite you!
Our methodology is practical and deeply strategic. It has been tested, proven and further refined in the lives of thousands of clients since 1992 when I established Australia’s first career management firm for the complex needs of executives and professionals.
Want to Learn More?
Our services are not for everyone; they’re designed for highly motivated executives and professionals. If that describes you, a client relationship with us can be a transformational experience.
Are you ready to take bold action to create the future you want? Then I invite you to learn more. To arrange a confidential discussion, complete the form or click here to select an appointment time.