In dealing with recruiters..
Are You at a Disadvantage?
By Russell Johnson
Are you applying for jobs through recruitment agencies but unsatisfied with your results?
If your answer is Yes, it’s unsurprising. The fact is, you’re not their customer. Their job is to maximize competition for jobs, giving employers the greatest choice for the least cost.
To flourish in today’s job market, you need a strategy that will:
- Get you discovered (the best opportunities often aren't even advertised, let alone filled by recruiters), and
- Ensure you stand out from the crowd
The above realities are illustrated by the following graphic (with acknowledgment to its creator, Greg Savage, a leading recruitment consultant who writes very frankly and incisively about what’s wrong with the recruitment industry):
Writing to his fellow recruitment consultants, Savage describes the recruitment industry as ‘terminally dysfunctional’ and ‘totally screwed’ with candidates being ‘treated like cattle’ as a result.
A Revolutionary Method for Achieving Your Career Goals
The Empowered Careers methodology has enabled thousands of executives and professionals to achieve their career goals, and can transform your future. We’ll provide the support you need to:
- Open up attractive options you would never otherwise become aware of
- Understand why the typical approach to ‘selling yourself’ is counterproductive
- Implement a powerful marketing approach that creates awareness of, and demand for, the value you can add
- Achieve your outcome faster, and
- Gain a role that will genuinely excite you!
And once you’re in your new role, we’ll even help you to ‘Wow’ your employer in the crucial first 100 days and beyond so your career growth can continue.
Our methodology is practical and deeply strategic. Its development began with my own ‘outside the square’ path to senior executive positions internationally after an unusually early start to working life. Other contributing factors have included:
- Developing one of the world’s fastest-growing franchise systems while in the US, then leaving that career behind in a search for a new and more personally meaningful one
- Returning to Australia and in 1992, establishing Australia’s first career management firm for the complex needs of executives and professionals
- In the years since then, fine tuning a system incorporating the marketing know-how gained in my executive years, to radically empower our clients in their careers
Want to Learn More?
Our services are designed for highly motivated executives, managers, professionals and entrepreneurs. If you are such a person, then we invite you to schedule a confidential discussion for a refreshing alternative approach.Arrange a Confidential Discussion